Since Jan 2016, I have been working with Melissa Rodrigues as my long time trusted Doula Partner. Drawing on our knowledge, training and experience, we joyfully offer our skills to a woman traveling on the great journey of birthing. We bring sincerity, gentleness, caring, as well as strong arms and a variety of skills to help with physical comforts. We are also happy to be an informational resource if stuff comes up that you need help understanding or processing.
When Melissa and I are part of your birth team, we are the familiar face and strong hands that accompany you and your partner through your birth. Reassuring you, squeezing you, laughing and cheering, or patiently quiet and watchful.
Our Standard Birth Care Package: $1500
Let’s meet for an initial interview. Here we can get to know each other and see how we fit! (This initial visit does not oblige you to hire us.)
- In the weeks leading up to your baby’s birth, Melissa and I will come to your home for 1-2 prenatal visits. This will give us all a chance to get to know one another and discuss your birth vision- which can include your very specific ideas, and also the joy and fears you may be carrying. We can help get prepared for the postpartum period of newborn care, breastfeeding and postpartum healing, as well as helping you to strengthen your coping skills for the journey you are about to undertake.
- We will be available by phone, email, and text to answer questions, and have a lending library we’re happy to share.
- We can help you frame questions to ask busy caregivers so that your concerns are addressed and answered.
- Because we work as a team, you will usually have one of us with you quickly even if you go into labour prior to full term. After 37 weeks, we will make sure one of us is ready to come at a moment’s notice.
- One of us will arrive to help you in early labour, and will stay with you as you need through your labour until you give birth.
- While attending your labour and birth, your doula will provide her experience, her hands, and her heart. We can suggest things, support your partner, or follow your lead, as you most wish. With our mamas we’ve gone for long walks, had a dance party, made food, filled and emptied pools, given massage, talked things through, and more…
- After your baby arrives, your doula will stay for an hour or two, as you wish. We can help establish breastfeeding, take pictures, and help your new family settle in.
- Melissa or I will visit you once or twice postpartum as needed by you, and will continue to be an email and phone resource as needed for the 2-3 weeks following your birth.
- We both have Elle Tens machines for our clients to use during their labour process. Ask us more!
The support and reassurance we bring to help provide for partners is a key part of our role, helping to give partners a sense of empowerment along the way, continually affirming their connection to mama, and helping look out for their needs, too. We want your partner to participate in the birth at whatever level they feel most comfortable and confident, and we will do our best to support them along their own journey to becoming a new parent.